Renowned dim sum restaurant and supper spot Swee Choon just launched its own line of frozen dim sum, so you can now ease your cravings right from the comforts of your home!
Like the dim sum served in their restaurant, the frozen products are handmade in their central kitchen and then frozen afterwards. They have a shelf life of about two months and are made without preservatives. Swee Choon claims that the frozen dim sum is "as good as savouring the dim sum in person at the restaurant" – we’re eager to give it a try!
Here is their entire range of frozen dim sum and baos:
- Siew Mai (12 pcs per pack), S$15.20
- Har Kow (10 pcs per pack), S$16.10
- Pan Fried Pork Dumpling (10 pcs per pack), S$17.30
- Chive Pork Dumpling (10 pcs per pack), S$11.50
- Peking Dumpling (10 pcs per pack), S$11.50
- Carrot Cake (5 pcs per pack), S$6.90
- Beancurd Prawn Roll (5 pcs per pack), S$9.20
- Swee Choon Mee Suah Kueh (5 pcs per pack), S$6.90
- Shanghai Xiao Long Bao (12 pcs per pack), $16.60
- Char Siew Bao (6 pcs per pack), S$7.60
- Salted Egg Yolk Custard Bun (6 pcs per pack), S$10.40
- Lotus Paste Bao (6 pcs per pack), S$9.70
- Red Bean Paste Bao (6 pcs per pack), S$9.70
The bun products will be available from Jan 18 onwards. Every package will come with English and Mandarin instructions.
To celebrate the launch of their frozen products, Swee Choon will also be offering several promotions.
Until Jan 31 or while stocks last, a 20 percent discount is available for all online orders via Swee Choon's website.
There are also promotions for customers who purchase the following products via Qoo10: Beancurd Prawn Roll, Black Truffle Xiao Long Bao, Pan Fried Pork Dumpling and Peking Dumpling.
An interesting thing to note is that the Black Truffle Xiao Long Bao is not available on Swee Choon’s official site!
There is also a Party Bundle serving up to six pax available exclusively on Qoo10. The bundle includes Mee Suah Kueh, Siew Mai, Har Kow, Chive Pork Dumpling, Carrot Cake, Shanghai Xiao Long Bao and Hae Bi Hiam Chilli.
This bundle is currently going at a discounted price of S$49.90 (U.P. $80.70).
What do you think of Swee Choon’s latest offerings? Not gonna lie, we’re pretty glad that we won’t have to jostle with the crowds for our midnight suppers anymore!